I love creating new ways to pamper myself and others. Today I came up with a body scrub that I’m feeling really good about. I’m so excited about it that I couldn’t wait to share the recipe with you. So, for my CSB members, SPOILER ALERT! This is going to be in your share this week. This product will also be available on my just-launched Etsy shop very soon.
Mermaid’s Delight Body Scrub
Makes about 4 ounces, or 2 to 3 applications
• one 6 inch strip of kelp, will end up to be 1 1/2 tablespoons ground
(a great place to get this is through Maine Seaweed)
• 3 tablespoons fine sea salt (I like Lima brand)
• 1 teaspoon avocado oil (you could also use olive oil)
• 1 teaspoon liquid castile soap (like Dr. Bronner’s)
• 6 drops grapefruit essential oil (optional)
Cut the kelp into small strips (about 3 inch by 2 inch). Toast in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the kelp starts to get slightly browned around the edges, place in a seed grinder or blender. Grind into a course powder. Place in bowl and mix in sea salt. Add avocado oil, castile soap, and grapefruit essential oil. Mix well. Place in a 4 ounce jar.
To use, scrub on body, starting from the feet up. You will notice the mixture will start to get slippery (this is the part I love). If you can, leave the scrub on for 5 or 10 minutes.
A few notes of caution:
• It’s probably best not to use this scrub immediately after shaving or if you have any sensitive cuts
• The floor of the shower/tub will get slippery from the oil and the kelp’s mucilaginous nature, so be sure to take care not to slip and clean the floor when you’re through
• Use of this product may transform you into a mermaid, or maybe even a sea otter